I stared at my screen for so long this morning. Not knowing what to share/reflect on. I read through the MTBoSBlaugust list and nothing. Then a message from @druinok reminded me of this quote I used to keep posted in my classroom. Its one that brought much discussion with a particular group of students and I left it written on my board for not weeks, but months. They memorized it. I have no doubt I could walk up to a number of them today and they could recite this.
This life is not about me. My classroom is not about me. Its about others. What can we do to make a difference in our school? our community? our world? What is within our means that we can do to impact the lives of others for good, not evil? That will lead to a better future? That will instill values of purpose?
- Smile. Be the reason someone smiles today.
- Be kind. Offer a kind word.
- Listen. Not to respond but to understand.
- Lend a helping hand. There is no greater joy than doing something for someone who cannot repay you.
- Forgive and move on.
- Laugh. Until you cry.
- Encourage. Believe in them, look them in the eye and tell them so.
- Be grateful.