Holding myself accountable… a snippet from my classroom goals I wrote during our #MTBoS12days Challenge:
“being intentional with student reflection/owning their learning; purposeful questioning / open questioning / building-in opportunities for discussion and sharing”
3 things from last week that are working toward my goals…
- 60 second brain dump: anything you were reminded of, realized or learned… 60 second pair/share…The following day, swapped reflections and read each others.
- individual reflection / wrong answer analysis of midterm
- quick quizzes – for short cycle student / peer assessment
2 things I need to work on…
- lessons last week were review/scaffolded, little open questioning…boring, my fault. What type of open questions do you present to students for linear inequalities? Thinking something similar to: Create a linear inequality that includes (4, 1) , (5, 0) and (6, -3) in the solution set.
- some discussions with midterm analysis but nothing purposeful with newer lessons… Looking at some open sorts to maybe generate some good discussions in small groups, then allow them to write / summarize their discussions.
1 good thing…
- Multiple Choice Monday (MCM) and Flashback Friday (FBF) in all classes to retrieve some concepts / skills from first semester. We used PLICKERS – students thought they were kind of cool, engaged in follow up discussions. Filled in some gaps with them!
Ready for week 2!